Monday, July 26

UPDATES

hey gang, please check the bottom left corner for new 411.

El Calendario - will give you a glimpse at our schedule. I believe I have it set up correctly, so that you will receive an email a week prior to any event that you are scheduled to play at. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO RESPOND! This gives me time to react incase I have screwed up the rotation and need someone to cover a spot. In the case of the Dream Center gigs, I have them set to notify two weeks in advance for staffing purposes, and then 1 week out as a reminder to ya'll. :)


I N C O M I N G !!
is now a comprehensive list of our weekly sets. Right now I have it out about 5 weeks. I will endeavor to keep it out at least that far. There are MANY new songs, and they are coming very quickly. Please designate the time that is required to learn your parts. This varies for each individual, for Trent - an hour total :) for me one week per song!


The Bible tells us that the temple musicians were Levites, who basically, were in continual worship of God. I bet they didn't need charts!! While we all understand that in today's life we are pulled in many different directions, it is important that we, as the "temple musicians" prepare ourselves for our task, our calling.
David didn't just walk over to the stream and grab up a couple of stones and sling them at Goliath. He was practiced and proficient in the use of his sling. And so God was able to use him. We should be no less prepared.  Our "giants", are the hard hearts or closed minds of people who are unaware of how in need of the Word they are. The abilities that God has given us as musicians, these are the slings that we use, and the songs we sing are the stones we hurl at the enemy. God can use these tools in no small way to soften people, allow them to drop their defenses - come out from behind their walls, maybe for just long enough so that the message brought by Kevin and Brett can gain a foothold and begin to bring change in their hearts. We are, as I have said many times, the conduit by which our friends and fellow congregants can enter into The Throne Room.
We as musicians have a great responsibility, and an awesome position of being "on the front lines" each week. Let's continue to bring our best, each and every week.

Blessings to you all,

Trace