Tuesday, January 25

the lists are up!

Hello all!

I have just posted the lists for the next few weeks, please give em a look and a listen.

Couple of points of business:
    1. remember there is no rehearsal scheduled for this Thursday.
    2. We are booked at The Dream Center for Feb.20th.  I have a set list in mind and will get it posted soon.
         I have not confirmed the March date yet, we were tentatively scheduled for the 27th. I will confirm this.

Rehearsal next Thursday will be at our usual time, 4:00 p.m.

upcoming stuff for thoughtful prayer:

We have been invited to lead worship and coordinate the music for an outdoor neighborhood party/outreach that will be held sometime in March, at my friend Angels' church. Details to follow as plans develop.

Along the same line as above - I have been contaced by an individual who is trying to launch a Christian based coffee house in downtown SRQ.  He is looking for musicians / bands that are willing to give of their time and giftings. You just know that I'm going to be there!

April is right around the corner which means that the WCCC Block Party is fast approacing! I plan to stay with the same basic plan for this year as last. If you have suggestions on how we can improve from last year please share them.
One thought I had was to split into teams and go door to door throughout Southgate inviting the neighbors to come enjoy the day, and to seek donations for the yard sale. We could get muscle and trucks from TDC and split the proceeds between them and our equipment needs.

This post has taken on novel proportions :)

most importantly...   I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your ongoing commitment to our team and our church.  We have all, at some time been in a place of wondering why bother, is it to much effort or is it to much time away from my family, etc...  please know that I HEAR YOU! I have been there many many times myself.  We are human, and as such all suffer the same frailties, insecurities and doubt. Just know to know to know, your Father sees your heart, and holds you all so dear to His own!

Deuteronomy 32:10
He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; He led him about, He instructed him, He kept him as the apple of His eye.

Blessings.